Here at Strather Academy, we realize that everyone who comes to us looking for help is on a different real estate path. Some individuals come and talk to us immediately after they see a real estate infomercial on the television. Others who come to us may have more experience. Instead of simply wanting to own a house or two, they may already own a few multi-million dollar apartment complexes. Even further, we've found that some people know exactly what they want to learn. For those individuals, we have classes ranging from property management all the way to credit and business development.
No matter what you want to learn, we at Strather Academy can assure you that any answer you could possibly want to know is here and more. Herb Strather, having closed in excess of $2 billion in transactions (including Motor City Casino, Woodbridge Estates, Hunter Ridge, Hotel St. Regis, Grand River Greenfield, and thousands of apartment units in SE Michigan), is more than qualified to give you the answers you're searching for.
Please join us for a FREE class preview during any running course. Come and see if these courses are the right match for you! Just call our office at (313) 444-9691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your visit.
Interested in taking multiple classes? Want to take a course that is not being offered this term? Concerned about the price?
Contact Strather Academy for specialized group pricing, information about our other courses, and financial aid assistance.
CREDIT REPAIR (Business & Personal)
100 Credit Enhancement Strategies
200 Credit Financial Empowerment Program
101 Fundamentals of Real Estate
201 Fundamentals of Rehab
211 Successful Sheriff Sale Strategies
301 Advanced Rehab
311 Advanced Sheriff Sale Strategies
321 THE ROUND TABLE EXPERIENCE: Tax Foreclosure Auction Class
331 Leveraging Real Estate
341 Community Development
351 Community Development 2
102 Business Development Basics
103 Introduction to Proformas
203 Excelling in Proformas
104 Urban Property Management
204 Commercial Turnaround Property Management
105 Licensing & Life Thereafter
205 Contractors & Subcontractors
401 CAPSTONE COURSE: COMMUNITY PROJECT DEPLOYMENT
LICENSING TRACK TO BE ANNOUNCED IN THE FALL
Credit Repair 100: Credit Enhancement Strategies
Tuesdays - 6:00-8:00pm - 6 Weeks - $1,600.00
This course is designed to assist in the repair, enhancement, and buildup of personal credit scores/balance sheets. The class will cover resources, methodologies, and the tools needed to successfully and timely re-establish credit. This course will then go over techniques to successfully acquire funding by leveraging credit.
Real Estate 101: The Fundamentals of Real Estate Investing
Mondays - 6:00-8:00pm - 6 Weeks - $1,600.00
This course is designed for the beginners interested in real estate. The class will cover real estate opportunities, sales, investments, developments, building, financing, flipping, and appraising. In addition, this course will go over Real estate terminology from A to Z and The importance of the 5 F’s (finding, funding, fixing, financing and flipping). This course will let you know what options you have to achieve financial freedom in real estate in addition to introducing you to the tools needed to succeed.
● Finding and Underwriting Deals
● Structuring, Financing, and Closing Transactions
● Real Estate Exit Strategies
Entrepreneurship 102: Business Development Basics
Wednesdays - 6:00-8:00pm - 6 Weeks - $1,600.00
This course will assist in setting up entities with the state of Michigan, securing Federal Employer Identification Numbers (FEIN), operating agreements, By-Laws, 501c3’s and setting goals for a business. The course will also assist with the logistics like setting up phone lines and email. Marketing and branding will also be discussed.
Proformas 103: Introduction to Proformas
Thursdays - 6:00-8:00pm - 6 Weeks - $1,600.00
This course is designed as an introduction to excel and how it can be used to run numbers on potential acquisitions. The students will learn how to determine a project’s net operating income as well as its market value for financing purposes.
Property Management 104: Urban Property Management
Thursdays - 6:00-8:00pm - 6 Weeks - $1,600.00
This course is designed to cover how to properly manage single-family homes and apartment complexes in urban areas.
● Underwriting - there are tons of things to look for when managing a property. This is where you will learn what to look for and how to put the numbers together.
● Marketing - Sometimes tenants leave and need to be replaced fast. Learn the tricks to creating a list of people ready to move into a property.
● Collections - In order to keep a business afloat rent (income) must be collected. This course introduces a vital system to collect income and keep track, which is vital to any business’s success.
● Maintenance - Goes over basic tricks, tools and machinery needed to have a well-maintained facility.
● Forecasting - Teaches students how to analyze trends in the market to look for new ways to improve a company and its goals. This will enable a business to stay ahead of the curve in order to maximize its investment.
Real Estate 201: Fundamentals of Rehab
Thursdays - 6:00-8:00pm - 6 Weeks - $2,000.00
This course will provide students with the basic tools to successfully rehab and offload a project. It will cover key points of the deal as well as the management of contractors. It will also cover preventive maintenance, building a rehab team, identifying a flip or hold strategy, and financing.
● Learn how to find, fund, fix, finance, and flip
● Find out how to secure the property from scrappers
● Learn what to look for when hiring contractors
● How to obtain permits
● Selling Strategies (even during construction)
Real Estate 211: Strather's Successful Sheriff Sale Strategies
Tuesdays and Thursdays - 6:00-8:00pm (TU)/11:00am-2:00pm (TH) - 6 Weeks - $2,000.00
Participants will go through the step by step process of successfully acquiring properties at auctions. Students will learn how to properly underwrite target deals and how to bid successfully.
● How to read and interpret the notices
● What you need to bid and how to bid
● How to underwrite the property before bidding
● What to do after winning a bid
● What to do after losing a bid
● How to set your maximum bid and why
Real Estate 341: Community Development
Mondays - 6:00-8:00pm - 12 Weeks - $3,750.00
This is part 1 of an extensive course designed to give the student hands-on experience in community development. The class will actually develop a community where the attendee will learn the step-by-step approach over a 6-month period.
● Assemblage- Learn techniques to assemble the needed parcels
● Meet with community stakeholders and find common ground
● Hosting a Charette